In 1133, the monks of the abbey of Belvaux founded an abbey at this place. All the actual buildings are classified Historical Monument.
The abbey was very important during the XVIIIth century. Unfortunately, it was destroyed during the French Revolution (1789). Currently, at the exact same place of the former abbey, an 1840 built castle can be seen.
The service quarters, which the roof was just restored, are the oldest part of the estate. The parc of the castle consists of majestic trees, a chapel, a dovecote, a mill and an ornamental lake linked with the Romaine river.
Castle part : visits allowed only during “les Journées du Patrimoine” (Heritage Day).
Service quarters part of the abbey : visits without guide during weekends and “les Journées du Patrimoine”.